[ic] Splitting results into multiple pages ?

Sun Mar 31 11:51:01 2002

At 07:31 PM 3/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi There
>
>I am a bit of a newbie with IC, mainly getting involved to speed things
>along by assisting our design guy.
>
>Wondering if you guys have found a way to display items in each category
>over several pages.  Currently we have up to 50 products attempting to be
>displayed in a single page on some of our sections.  As you can imagine
>this makes the whole thing grind to a halt with regards to loading images etc.
>
>All I want to be abled to do is for a customer to be abled to click on a
>section and for the first 10 items to be displayed on the first page, and
>so on with 10 items per page.  Obviously with a "BACK" "NEXT" "1,2,3,4"
>etc. etc.
>
>Can anyone help ? I have purchased the developers pack and will be going
>through it, but a speedy resolution would be much appreciated.
>
>Many Thanks
>
>Mike

This has to be in the top 10 IC FAQ's of all time (not saying that the
answer is in the FAQ, but this issue is all over the mail archives). The
answer is to change the value of mv_matchlimit (to 10, in your case), in
your one-click category searches and keyword searches.  The foundation
catalog already has the code in place to handle the paging, I believe.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax