[ic] Safe::Hole Not Avail

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 1 13:29:01 2002

>  Clean 7.2 install, clean install of all perl modules,
> and interchange rpm's. Get this error on startup:
> Already ran makecat..
>
> [root@wdb root]# interchange -s
> Low traffic settings.
> Calling UI......UI is loaded...
> Interchange V4.8.4
> Configuring catalog foundation...Required Perl module Safe::Hole not
> present. Aborting catalog.
> In line 7 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
> Require module Safe::Hole
>
> foundation config error: Required Perl module Safe::Hole not present.
> Aborting catalog.
> In line 7 of the configuration file 'catalog.cfg':
> Require module Safe::Hole
> foundation: error in configuration. Skipping.
> foundation: config error. Skipping.
> Interchange server started in UNIX mode(s) (process id 3310)
>
> Safe::Hole is installed, I even uninstalled it and installed it again
> with the rpm and through the cpan int.
> argh!

For whatever reason, you appear to have installed two versions of
Perl on your machine.  One of them is in /usr/bin and the other is
elsewhere.  Interchange looks for /usr/bin/perl.  You are probably
installing modules into /usr/local/bin/perl.

Decide which one is the most recent version and do what you can to
get it into /usr/bin/perl.  You could use a symlink.

Once you've decided which Perl version you'd like to use, install
the modules (Bundle::Interchange etc.) and then start Interchange.