[ic] Status of Paypal Intergration

Wed May 1 13:55:01 2002

[adjusting top-quoting, sigh]

Quoting Admin (kompukit@naisp.net):
> Jon Jensen wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 1 May 2002, John Beima wrote:
> >
> > > Again to mention WE offered to PAY RedHat to do just what Dan has
> > > mentioned/quoted below... With one condition, that it must wind up in the next
> > > public release for everyone... RedHat said NO. To me this means they already
> > > have a PayPal module, they just don't wish to share it...
> >
> > You're wrong. We do not have a PayPal module.
> >

> Do you plan on implementing one???

I doubt it. I did some work on one at one point, made it available to some
others to try and bring home, but the fact is that no one who has the
competence to do so wants to finish it off.

And no one wants to pay a consultant enough to implement such a module,
because the people with the resources to pay for it don't use PayPal.

Now that PayPal and like services are under attack from Mastercard
and other financial institutions, it is even less likely a serious
effort will happen.

--
3005 Nichols Rd., Hamilton, OH  45013
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@valuemedia.com>

If you like what you're gettin', keep doin' what you're doin'. -- Hector