[ic] count results when all results are on the page - scratch var inside an item-alternate

Fri May 3 10:35:00 2002

At 11:17 PM 5/2/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a search in foundation demo with these parameters:
>
>fi=products
>st=db
>co=1
>sf=sku
>se=os
>op=rm
>nu=0
>bs=1
>su=1
>ml=9999
>tf=category
>to=x
>
>As you can see, I want all the products to show up, with no [more-list]
>links.  However, I need to know the total number of results I'm getting.
>
>These tags do not show anything, because everything is on this page:
>[more-list]
>[seti matches_count][match-count][/seti]
>Matches [matches] of [match-count] found.
>[more]
>[/more-list]
>
>Is there any other way to get this information?  Any $CGI vars or other?
>
>What I'm hoping to do with the [match-count] is divide it in half and place
>it inside the [search-list] in a [item-alternate ] tag like this:
>[perl]$Scratch->{half_matches} = $Scratch->{matches_count} / 2;[/perl]
>[item-alternate [scratch half_matches]]
>
>Premilinary tests with this have not been successful.  Are there any ideas
>out there on how to get item-alternate to work with a "variable" number of
>items?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Russell Mann

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to do with [item-alternate
...], but if you execute your in-page search with [search-region
search="(your search terms)"], you can get the number of found results with
[value mv_search_match_count].

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax