[ic] Admin Order Entry

Andrew Baerg interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 3 11:46:02 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 15:34, Andrew Baerg wrote:
> I have run into a serious issue with entering orders through the admin
> interface. It seems this issue was raised a while ago:
>
> http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg09214.html
>
> Although no resolution was really given.  After following the
> suggestions in the postings, I still have problems.  When I place an
> order in the admin UI, I am logged out and greeted with the admin login
> page.  The order gets entered, but I get no confirmation and when I go
> back to order entry after logging back in, the fields are still occupied
> by the previous order, making it /seem/ as though the order has not been
> entered. This poses serious problems for our CSRs entering orders
> because they have no way of immediately telling if an order has gone
> through not to mention how confusing the whole thing looks.  Any ideas
> anyone? Has this been discussed further in a later thread?  If so I
> could not find it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Baerg
> Edge Marketing
> Calgary, AB
> Canada

In case anyone cares about this issue, I have investigated it further
and submitted the following to bug #361:

It seems to me that the problem lies in Routing.  I have found that only
the
default route is ever performed so that if you remove it, as one of the
suggestions states, the last route defined in catalog.cfg becomes the
default
and is the only one which is performed(whether through the admin UI or
not).
My temporary solution, which I realize is a horrible hack but which
works
without issues, is to define a log Route which includes both log_entry
stuff and
log_transaction stuff and decides which to do based on a variable I pass
it.
receipt.html also uses the variable to decide whether to diplay the
admin UI or
the customer UI.  Anyways, that's my two cents for what it's worth.

If indeed the larger issue is with routing, then it seems to me that
this is indeed a big problem.  If you can only ever use the default
route, then what is the point in having multiple routes defined?

Anyways, if anyone wants more info on my ugly solution, which does in
fact work, let me know.

Andrew Baerg
Edge Marketing