[ic] Language and more categories

Oleh Ladan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 3 12:58:00 2002

Hi guys,
My name in Oleh
I've been using the interchange cart for 2 days now:) Finally figured
out how to delete and insert new categories, areas, and products.
But now I'm stuck, here is what I can't figure out:
1. How can I make 2 versions of the site one English and one in other
language, so far I put English and Ukrainian areas one page and then
their categories in each language under the areas. But is there any way
when you go to the shopping site get English as default and have a
button with the language flag so a user can choose a different language?
This way I can have the main page of each of the two languages written
in the language customer can understand. This is how it looks right now.
http://ukrainianshop.net/~ukrainia/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html?id=jSsueV
7e&mv_pc=1026

2. Second question is if there is anyway to make sub-categories, I'm
selling groceries and for example I have meat products. I don't want to
have cooked meat and fresh meat in the same category. I would like
people to click on the meat category and then be able to choose between:
cooked meat, fresh meat, poultry, and fish. Is there any way to do this?

If there is a possibility of doing any of this please explain in layman
terms, like I said in the beginning I'm very new to this.

Thank you
Oleh Ladan