[ic] HTMLsuffix and the description about it in the docu...

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 3 18:06:58 2002

Joachim Leidinger <jojo@blackpoint.de> writes:

> Hi list,
>
> at the first time, I've had trouble to use HTMLsuffix like
>
> ------------ snip templates docu --------
> You can also place an entirely new page in place of the default one if
> the locale key is defined. When a locale is in force, and a key named
> HTMLsuffix is set to that locale, Interchange first looks for a page
> with a suffix corresponding to the locale. For example:
>
> <A HREF=``[area index]''>Catalog home page</A>
>
> If a page index.html exists, it will be the default. If the current
> locale is fr_FR, a page ``index.fr_FR'' exists, and Locale looks like
> this:
>
>    Locale fr_FR HTMLsuffix  fr_FR
>
> Then, the .fr_FR page will be used instead of the .html page. For a
> longer series of strings, the configuration file recognizes:
> ------------ snip templates docu --------
>
> because, it works only, if I use
>
>    Locale fr_FR HTMLsuffix  .fr_FR
>
> instead of
>
>    Locale fr_FR HTMLsuffix  fr_FR
>
> I've add some debug lines into some IC perl files and it show me, IC
> 4.8.3 is searching for a file like "indexfr_FR", instead of
> "index.fr_FR".
>
> Am I right?

AFAICT yes. IMHO the documentation is wrong, so I fixed it.
Thanks for finding this inconsistency, Jojo !!

BTW: The I18n section of the IC documentation is quite a bit
outdated and a little bit polishing wouldn't hurt either.
Any volunteers ?

Ciao
        Racke

--
Think of it !

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices