[ic] Any success w/ Paypal integration??

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 3 19:42:01 2002

Is there a summary of the IC supported CC companies and an analysis of
their costs and services anywhere?   I'd be interested to know what the
breakdown is on costs..

RE:>>Goemerchant, huh?  I'll check them out...  Looks kind of pricey to
me... they do have a reseller program... But how much money do they have to
be making in order to pay out $265 for a referral?  Paypal pays 5
bucks--not a get rich quite scheme by any means.

For those who are wondering about this Paypal.com business... here's an
informative story.
http://ragingbull.lycos.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi/a=06-22-01.txt&d=articles/cyberstock

I have no vested interest in this company.  They just make my life easy as
a seller and a buyer, so I simply asked what was the status regarding
integration.   IMO, if RH is NOT thinking that sellers want to integrate
with Paypal as their PREFERRED method of doing business, then IC will be
missing a huge market because many eBay power sellers would be good
prospects for IC.  (i.e. familiar with the need for online commerce, need
an online store in conjunction with their eBay store, maybe hundreds are
looking for a solution right now...   I know auctionworks has something
that looks like a decent ecommerce package, but if you need a larger store,
their system can get a little pricey.

Anyhow, is there a comparison available and I just haven't seen it?

Andrew Lietzow
A member of the GNU generation
The ACL Group, Inc.