[ic] Sale_price for items with matrix options

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun May 5 09:25:00 2002

Hi List,

I have quite a few items that have matrix_options - separate widgets and
differenct wholesale and retail costs for each widget.   The options
table has fields for wholesale and retail price of differnt widgets
only, unlike the products table which has a sale_price field for each
sku.  My question is this...

What is the easiest way to add a sale price to an item that is a matrix
option item?

For example, I have a master sku of ABC with options as..

sku    Wholesale  retail
ABC-1  5.00       10.00
ABC-2  10.00      20.00
ABC-3  15.00      30.00

Lets say I want to put ABC-2 on sale for $15.00.

My plan is to add a sale_price field to the options table, populate that
field with the widget sale price and then modify my pages to check for
that field and display accordingly.

I just have this nagging feeling that I am missing the obvious on this
one so I'm sending out this message just in case anyone has a cleaner
solution.  Any advice welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Marty Tennison