[ic] How-To for "LEFTONLY_TOP" background color?

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun May 5 12:11:45 2002

> Andrew Lietzow <andrewl@theaclgroup.com> writes:
>
> > At 03:00 AM 5/5/2002, you wrote:
> > >changing MAINCONTENT_BG in
> > >theme.cfg and apply changes resp. reconfig should
> > >do the trick.
> >
> > Thank you for you reply.  Changing the value for this variable
> changes the
> > *entire* background--TOP portion and CONTENT portion.   I want
> to leave the
> > CONTENT portion as MAINCONTENT_BF #FFFFFF but to change the
> only the TOP to
> > #738C8C, or whatever.
> >

> > I think I could hard code this, but I'm simply checking to see
> if there is
> > variable that can be set.
>
> That's right. Obviously I overlooked something. My advice would be
> to add a new style to theme.cfg derived from .maincontent
> (e.g. .topcontent), change the background color there and change
> the class in the *_TOP files in templates/foundation/regions.
>
> Ciao
>         Racke

Oh, yeah, I forgot, If it is a color you frequently want to change you might
be able to declare it in variables.txt then read it into a table or td
bgcolor.

I never tried it, but I don't see why that wouldn't work. That way you can
change it easily and not affect the rest of IC. BTW You can also read in a
second style sheet, or set an additional style "next to" THEME_CSS. I chose
to ditch THEME_CSS, but copied most of it and read it in as an include, if I
remember correctly. That way I have my old familiar control over my styles
sheets. IC is confusing in that sense. It is almost like it's style sheet
has a style sheet :)

Paul