[ic] ic 4.8.4 - One click search (this OR this) AND (this)

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon May 6 11:43:00 2002

> I spent much of the weekend trying to figure this one out without any
> luck. I'm trying to construct a one click serach that finds items
> matching the following:
>
> (sku contains "string1" OR "string2")
> AND
> (description conatins "string3")
>
> Can anyone help? I hope it is clear what I'm trying to do.
>
> DB

Yes, I wuld like to know the answer to this too. I think in general, we are
asking how to intermingle a regular search and an orsearch. Where in one
customer input box, they can type in words like:

aaa bbb

and it will find aaa OR bbb

and in customer input box #2, you can type in a word (ie: ccc) and it will
find it in addition to the first input.

So the possibilities would be:

aaa AND ccc
OR
bbb AND ccc

To answer part of your question DB, to search in multiple fields, look at a
coordinated search.

Paul