[ic] I would need some ideas in how to accomplish this multilingual project

Rene Hertell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue May 7 06:34:01 2002

> > - Minimal use of cookies etc.
>
> IC cannot track the user session without IDs in session and without
> cookies.

That's true.. This aspect did not come into my mind :)

> >   www.site.com/[L]news[/L]/[L]latest[/L]
> >   (what I mean with the [L]-tags is that these parts of the URL
> should be in
> > respective language)
>
> Can easily be done with an ActionMap, e.g.:
>
> ActionMap Catalog <<EOR
> sub {
> 	my ($action, $class, $what, $spec) = split ('/', shift);
>
> 	$CGI->{mv_like_field} = 'category';
>
> 	$class = 'CDROM' if $class eq 'DVD';
>
> 	if ($class eq 'CDROM' || $class eq 'Video') {
> 		if ($what eq 'Producer') {
> 			$CGI->{mv_like_field} = 'producer';
> 		} elsif ($what eq 'Star') {
> 			$CGI->{mv_like_field} = 'category3';
> 		}
> 	} else {
> 		# other categories have only one level of qualification
> 		$spec = $what;
> 		$CGI->{mv_like_field} = 'category';
> 		$class = 'Novelty' if $class eq 'Novelties';
> 	}
>
> 	$CGI->{mv_todo} = 'search';
> 	$CGI->{mv_nextpage} = 'results_new';
> 	$CGI->{mv_profile} = 'catalog';
> 	$CGI->{mv_coordinate} = 1;
> 	$CGI->{mv_search_field} = 'class';
> 	$CGI->{mv_searchspec} = "$class";
>
> 	$CGI->{mv_like_spec} = "%$spec";
> 	$CGI->{mv_column_op} = "eq";
> 	$CGI->{banner_title} = $spec;
>
> 	$Tag->update('process');
> 	return 1;
> }
> EOR

Could you please give me a small example how this ActionMap works (how to
call it, what should I do to configure it etc).. This would save me a lot of
hair ;)

> IC is a quite flexible and extensible, it depends more on your knowledge
> and your fantasy to exploit it.
Unfortunately my knowledge is not good enough, but my fantasy is even
better.. Sometimes (actually quite often) if get too good ideas, but no clue
how to accomplish them ;)

Regards, Rene