[ic] Language and more categories - Rene

Oleh Ladan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue May 7 17:22:00 2002

Hi Rene!
I added the [L] tags in the body of the index page. Now do I have both
languages one page, but the IC will choose which one to show, or do I
need to create another page?
Also in locale.txt this is what I did:
Under CODE column on the bottom after some things there were already
there I put down the following:
p_sep_by_space
price_picture
products		продукти
Dear Shoppers		Шановні покупці

Is that all I needed to do? On the right is my ua_UA column.
Also how does the rest of the English text under Dear Shoppers show up
on the English index, same for Ukrainian?
And then this would be the link
http://ukrainianshop.net/~ukrainia/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/process/locale/ua_UA
/page/index ?

---
By following these steps, you should get my example working in 10
minutes.

1) I tagged a text like this: [L]Good Morning![/L] on you index page
(catroot/pages/index)
2) Add a new column (eg. ru_RU) to the locale table (download the
locale.txt
file, edit with excel or whatever spread-sheet program, save as
tab-delimited, upload back to the server and replace the old version
3) Create a new entry to the locale-db, and add to the code-column "Good
Morning!" (without the "")
4) Add "dobrahye ootrah" in the ru_RU column
5) Apply the changes

Then create a link: <a href="[area
process/locale/ru_RU/page/index]">Change
to Russian<a/>

In your case it would look like this:
http://ukrainianshop.net/~ukrainia/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/process/locale/ru_RU
/pag
e/index

If this works, then just add [L] tags to all your text on your pages