[ic] Upgrading

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 8 12:22:01 2002

"I have a working 4.6.0 cart that I would like to upgrade to
4.8.4.....Has anybody done something similar on a production server and
kept notes?"

Notes......one of these days I am going to start doing that. Seems like
a good idea.

I have done it from 4.6 to 4.8, but I like to do everything on separate
boxes. Interchange for a single user runs pretty good on quite a hunk of
junk, so we have beta servers (A.K.A. Someone's old Junker PC)

I migrated the entire catalog from a text-file based catalog to a
database based catalog with out to many problems. I just wrote some
scripts to import the data.

Ideally you have a couple of servers to do this with and it should not
take you more than about a day.

You should have no problems. Good Luck.

Fred Pope
mailto:fred@satcomresources.com