[ic] CounterFile.pm and NFS

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 8 13:52:01 2002

IC 4.8.3, NFS Sessions, mysql 3.23.47, linux 2.4.19, LockType fcntl

What is the solution for having the order.number file on a NFS mounted
directory in a clustered environment? As I understand it this
CounterFile.pm will be responsible for incrementing the order numbers
but it does not work with NFS. I would really like the order number to
go up by one for every new order regardless of the server that handled
the final order.

I noticed intermittent, very long delays when requesting pages. I saw:

kir:~# strace -p 7428 (an interchange process)
flock(10, LOCK_EX

and assumed it had something to do with this CounterFile.pm.
--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact