[ic] email tag for ship_notice CHANGED:[if value email_copy ...] on ship_notice

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 9 11:50:01 2002

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have altered the way the "email_copy" field of the userdb table is
> > used and changed the "mail_receipt" so that my users will have the
> > option of choosing: no email, plain text, or html.  That was easy.
> >
> > But, now I would also like to make this option carry through for the
> > shipping notice.  Here's where im having trouble.  I open up the
> > "order_status.html" admin page and get smacked with a bunch
> of perl.  I
> > found the [email-raw] tag which includes the ship_notice.
> >
> > First of all, can you do html emails in the [email-raw] tag?  The
> > usertag doesn't say anything about an 'extra' that you can
> call out like
> > with [email]...
> >
> > I tried putting in [if] statements into the ship_notice
> pointing to the
> > email_copy field but that did not work... All the perl code
> outputs to
> > the error log.  I also tried removing the email-raw tag and
> using the
> > [email] inside the ship_notice but to no avail either.
> >
> > It looks like the perl in this page uses the email_copy field to
> > generate the "wants_copy" variable, so im not sure if maybe
> that's where
> > it needs some work to do this...?
> >
> > Can someone point me in the right direction?
>
> You _can_ do HTML emails with email-raw AFAIK. Alternatively you can
> checkout my email_mime.tag posted to this list. I think that would
> avoid headaches about to format the email stuff.

Sure can, I got that to work. Thanks Racke!  BTW, I searched the
archives and didn't see any email_mime.tag?!?

I'm still having trouble getting the ship_notice to do what I want.  I
have tried putting this in the ship_notice file:
[perl arg=scratch]
        $Config->{NoSearch} = '';
        return '';
[/perl]
***found this ^ on the list (see I did search it first!)***
[loop prefix=user search="
		fi=userdb
		st=db
		sf=username
		se=[loop-data transactions username]
		ml=1000
		rf=email_copy
"]
[if value "[loop-data userdb email_copy]" eq 1]
Email...plain text...
[elsif value "[loop-data userdb email_copy]" eq 2]
Email ...html format....
[/elsif]
[/if]

Am I somewhere close?? Can anybody give me a little input? I just need
to evaluate the value of 'email_copy' in the appropriate userdb field so
that the email will choose between text or html.  What I have as shown
above yields NO error in the log, but no email either.
Thanks in advance!
  _____

Sincerely,
Aaron Hazelton