[ic] Proper method of posting images?

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 10 13:54:00 2002

> > Or use Image::Size to deliver the size of the images. I don't think this
> > would cause too much of a performance problem. I knocked up a usertag to
> > return the size in to two scratch vars. Mind you, I was then
> > storing them in
> > a database rather than using it on the fly. Docs say its
> suitable for that
> > though.
> >
> > Jonathan
> > Webmaint.
>

> Jonathan,
>
> Would you mind sharing your usertag?

no probs. its below.

If you just want to display the image, there is a usertag called [image]
which may also do the job. See the file image.tag for how to use it.

Jonathan
Webmaint.

===
# usertag image-size by jonc@webmaint.com (I think)
# sets the values width,height to the size of the image file..
# and puts it into scratch vars 'imgheight' and 'imgwidth'
#
# Requires perl module Image::Size
#
#
# example:
#
#   [image-size file='/path/to/file.gif']
#
# adding show=1 will output a line of text which may be
# useful for debugging.
#

UserTag image-size Order file show
UserTag image-size Routine <<EOR
sub {

	use Image::Size;

	my ($file,$show)=@_;
	my ($width,$height);

	($width,$height) = imgsize($file);

	$Scratch->{imgwidth}=$width;
	$Scratch->{imgheight}=$height;

	return "size of file ($file) w=$width h=$height" if $show;
	return;
}
EOR