[ic] Online Check Possible Bug 4.8.3 (fixed)

Dave Turk interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun May 12 11:39:01 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Turk" <interchange@montanaservers.com>
To: <interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 6:14 PM
Subject: [ic] Online Check Possible Bug 4.8.3

> I have a site that accepts only checks and money orders.
> http://www.northwoodwreath.com
> When I goto check out using online check, at the bottom it asks for a
credit
> card number
> unless I toggle to Postal Billing and then back again.
> Does anyone know how to fix this? I haven't made any changes to the
> checkout.html
> page. I am using 4.8.3, Redhat 7.0 and Apache 1.3.22
>

> I also have a question about the RPM's for 4.8.5, will these install on
> Redhat 7.0 and
> will it upgrade semi-seamlessly or do I have to go the tarball route?
>
> Thanks for all your help.
> I am slowly getting up to speed.
> Dave Turk
I posted Friday about a possible bug in 4.8.3 using online checks.

OK I have removed online checks for now.
http://www.northwoodwreath.com
Now when I goto check out  at the bottom it still asks for a credit
card number. If I click place order it says

There were errors in your last submission:
  Credit Card Information: Card is expired.
The areas you need to correct are shown in this color below.

Then the credit card stuff goes away and I can

I have modified the checkout.html page to not display this.
code snippet
[comment]     [if !value payment_method]                     [/comment]
[comment]      [or value payment_method eq credit]           [/comment]

[if value payment_method eq credit]

Hope this was the correct way to do this.
I am using IC 4.8.5, Redhat 7.0 and Apache 1.3.22 but the catalog was built
under 4.8.3

The RPM's install fine except I had to install Digest::MD5 manually then
run --nodeps during the upgrade
I don't know if there is another way but this seemed to work for me.

Dave Turk