[ic] Interchange Gods.

Brent Mosley interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue May 14 10:47:00 2002

I read somewhere on the redhat Interchange site that in order to upload Perl
modules without root access you could get IC to work within your home
directory by changing the installation options.

These were the instructions.
Installing Perl Modules without Root Access
Installing Interchange without root access is no problem. However,
installing Perl modules without root access is a little trickier.

You must build your makefile to work in your home dir. Something like:

 PREFIX=~/usr/local \
INSTALLPRIVLIB=~/usr/local/lib/perl5 \
INSTALLSCRIPT=~/usr/local/bin \
INSTALLSITELIB=~/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl \
INSTALLBIN=~/usr/local/bin \
INSTALLMAN1DIR=~/usr/local/lib/perl5/man \
INSTALLMAN3DIR=~/usr/local/lib/perl5/man/man3
Put this in a file, say 'installopts', and use it for the Makefile.PL.

 perl Makefile.PL `cat installopts`
Then, forget ./config. Just do:

 make
make test
make install
Some of the tests may fail, but that's probably ok.

Also make sure to install Bundle::Interchange, which will need the same
config data as you put into 'installopts'.

This is why the ~/usr/local/.. path was in my home directory.
None of my tests failed and it installed IC, I just have the problem with
Vend/makecat.
Now, it mentions something about installing a Bundle::Interchange, but I
didn't find any specific instructions.