[ic] Interchange & PostgreSQL - More detail

Rick Eicher II interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue May 14 15:24:01 2002

> I installed from the tarball, following the README.  Ran makecat - took
> a couple of times through to figure out what the options were :(  Now
> when I start interchange (bin/interchange -r) I get the output below.  I
> imagine it's something that should be obvious, but I don't see it.
>
> Any help appreciated..
> Mike
> --------------------------------
>
> Low traffic settings.
> Calling UI......UI is loaded...
> Interchange V4.8.5
> Configuring catalog foundation...Using PostgreSQL,
> DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=foundation...table 'country' failed:
> DBD::Pg::db table_info failed: ERROR:  No such attribute or
> function 'objsubid' at
> /home/wcs1459/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 495.
>
> table 'gift_certs' failed: DBD::Pg::db table_info failed: ERROR:
> No such attribute or function 'objsubid' at
> /home/wcs1459/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 495.
>
> table 'userdb' failed: DBD::Pg::db table_info failed: ERROR:  No
> such attribute or function 'objsubid' at
> /home/wcs1459/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 495.
<snip>

Sounds like you are unable to connect to the server with DBD.

First is it installed? Have u insured that it is working?

Is postgresql on the same machine as interchange or other? Are you passing a
"-i" when starting the postgresql server? If you have a two server setup,
have you set up the "pg_hba.conf" file? Should be a line in there similar to
this "host      foundation   0.0.0.0        0.0.0.0            password".
(Warning the above is an example only, you should probably insert the ip
address of the machine trying to make a connection)

Making sure that you can connect to your database server with perl's DBD,
should fix your problem.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Rick Eicher II
www.pbol.net