[ic] I would need some ideas in how to accomplish this multilingual project -> Racke

René Hertell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 16 12:21:01 2002

> The mv_search_file is correct for specifying the database table to
> use.  Which section of the manual says that it's only to be used
> for exported txt files?  The manual will have to be corrected if
> it says that.
In the Search Reference -> mv_search_file part is mentioned
(http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icdatabase06%2e
11):

"In the text search, set this variable to the file(s) to be scanned for a
match. The default, if not set, is to scan the default ProductFiles (i.e.,
products.txt). If set multiple times in a form (for a text search), will
cause a search all the files. One file name per instance. "

I understood it as the search is performed into the .txt file..

> You will have had to have changed Racke's UserTag example to fit
> your own requirements.  Can you post your modified UserTag back
> here so it can be checked for errors.

I just probably found the mistake (forgot to specify an exciting
mv_search_field...).

I guess now that I will get it to work after a while :)

By the way: Under what part of the documentation do I find an explanation
about what the different mv_* (mv_coordinate, mv_column_op, mv_searchspec
etc) stuff means. I remember that the old Minivend docs contained a few
pages long list explained what all these mv_* things were supposed to mean..

René