[ic] Lost display of "admin" hypertext link?

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 16 13:01:01 2002

RE:
> > Here's my predicament.  The Hypertext link to admin has
> > disappeared.  Could
> > "I" have made it go away?  It's possible, though I don't recall
> > how I could
> > have done this.   I try not to shoot myself in the foot because it causes
> > pain... however, stuff happens, apparently.
>
> Give the MV_DEMO_MODE the value 1 in the AdminUI: Administration->
> Preferences-> General, and apply the changes.
>
> Rene

>It only appears if the catalog variable MV_DEMO_MODE is set. Check your
>Preferences or the 'variable' table in the admin.

> Jon

Thanks to both of you.  I could not get to the Administration screen but I
checked the setting for MV_DEMO_MODE in variable.txt and, of course, it
was a "0".  Changed that back to a "1", restarted interch and voila.... I can
now get back to the administration screens...  Very disconcerting when one
can't get to administration.

MUCHOS GRACIAS!

--
Andrew Lietzow