[ic] Special Pages called when?

Matthew T. Snyder interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat May 18 01:27:01 2002

G Guttero wrote:

> Hi, I was looking over the Special Pages as I'd like to customize
> the ones
> that could be called from my store.  It seems like some of them just
> couldn't be called.  For example, the page called
> confirmation.html seems to
> be an order receipt but my customers go to a page called
> receipt.html after
> ordering so I don't think that one could be called.  There are
> others with
> the same situation.  I searched the manual and only found a little
> information on Special Pages but definitely not any information on the
> specific ones from the Foundation store.  I have made a list of
> the Special
> Pages filenames along with some information from the content of
> the page.  I
> was hoping someone or some people would be able to explain in
> what situation
> each of them are called.  A great explanation would be something like
> "confirmation.html is called if it is specified as the page to go
> to after
> an order is placed in the catalog.cfg".  Here is the list:
>
> badsearch.html
> "The search could not be done. The problem was:"
>
> canceled.html
> "Your session information has been canceled.
> If you wish to order another item, we would like you to do so, but
> unfortunately you will have to re-enter any account information."
>
> cc_not_valid.html
> "The following error was seen:
> 	[value mv_credit_card_error]
> Please go BACK and check the information you entered and see that the
> correct card type, expiration date, and number are entered."
>
> confirmation.html
> "Your order has been sent, and you will receive an order confirmation via
> email."
>
> failed.html
> "[if type=explicit compare="q{[subject]}"]
> [subject]
> [else] We're sorry, but your order could not be processed at this
> time due
> to technical problems. Please print the order page and give us a call. We
> will follow up as soon as possible. [/else] [/if]"
>
> interact.html
> "Something has gone wrong, and we did not receive the response we
> expected
> from your browser. There was the following problem:
> [message]
> Note on common causes of this problem:, etc."
>
> missing.html
> "The requested page ([subject]) was not found. You can [page
> index]return to
> browsing our catalog, if you wish."
>
> needfield.html
> "We need to have some fields entered to be able to process your order.
> Please [page ord/checkout]go back and fill out the information."
>
> nomatch.html
> "There were no matches found."
>
> nomatch.html
> [...]

Grant,
	I don't know about a lot of these, but one I do know is missing.html.  It
provides the same function as a 404 page for a web server.  You can get it
if you happen to type in (or click a link for) a page that does not exist.
Useful if you are working on a site and put one of the navbar links to a
static page that you haven't created yet, or if for some reason your navbar
includes a link to a product that no longer exists in your database (and
can't be accessed by the flypage).

Matt