[ic] Can't connect to path of cgi-bin/catalog

Sat May 18 13:42:01 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 09:51:19AM -0400, Julia Jacobs wrote:
> Well I spent a full day trying to update my Interchange foundation catalogs
> and install new ones on my Red Hat 7.3 box from v. 4.8.3 to 4.8.5.  For the
> life of me I cannot get mydomain.com/cgi-bin/mycatalog/admin/index.html to
> show up on one of the foundation type catalogs.  According to the error_log
> in /var/log/httpd/ its trying to access /var/www/cgi-bin/mycatalog when it
> should be trying to get it at /var/www/html/mywebsitedir/cgi-bin/mycatalog/
> and I can't for the life of me figure out why.  I ran makecat twice, went
> over /var/lib/interchange/mycatalog/catalog.cfg with a fine tooth comb.
> Took a good hard look at /etc/interchange.cfg but to no avail.  The
> error.log in /usr/lib/interchange/ does not give me any clues.  The
> httpd.conf is set up properly, as it was before!  There are no apparent
> mySQL errors.  Just when I try to go to that page I get:
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/mycatalog/admin/index.html was not found on this
> server.
>
> Apache/1.3.23 Server at mydomain.com.com Port 80
>
> I checked the preferences and compared them to other Interchange foundation
> catalogs which had no problems bringing up the admin/index.html page.    I
> am at a loss.  Any suggestions?

Yes, learn how a functioning system looks and why it works the way it
does.  Don't expect makecat to do everything.  There is the daemon
process, a "link" program, and your web server.  That's it.  You need
to get permissions and paths right.

Saying the error.log does not give any clues is absurd.  The url
"was not found on this server" so you are not even getting to ic.
What do the web server logs say?  Where **is** your request going?

mydomain.com.com?  Include **real**, not retyped and reformatted logs.

This is, BTW, a FAQ; I'm just ranting about people not learning how
to read logs, etc....