[ic] I need help with Virtual host configuration in IC

Patricia interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon May 20 02:29:01 2002

> >Here is the problem,
> >I have a dedicated server which came with a hosting service
> >package called cpanel. I run IC 4.8.3. , apache 1.3.23 & H
>

> No the problem is incomplete messages

This was the message:
Dear IC group,
I have a dedicate server however it has a twist. It is setup to be a
webhosting sales service. It has a unknown black box called
cpanel. I am having a problem with apache conf file and locating
the virtual hosts I have placed on this machine. I am running IC
4.8.3 and apache 1.3.23 on 7.3 redhat. I have created two virtual
accounts called strictlysport.com & strictly-sport.com with a
redirect on strictly-sport.com to strictlysport.com. The server is
called ss1.strictlysport.com.

When I launched the Wizard I received the error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and
was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator,
webmaster@strictlysport.com and inform them of the time the
error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server
error log.
Apache/1.3.23 Server at www.www.strictlysport.com Port 80

I checked the usr/local/apache/logs/error.log
and it gave me

[Sun May 19 19:51:53 2002] [error] [client 67.112.120.247]
Premature end of script headers:
/home/strictly/public_html/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

which tells me that it is not getting to the correct port on my virtual
host. The problem is in the apache configuration log. I cannot
really figure it out with cpanel. I looked at
usr/local/apache/conf/http.conf and I am not sure about the
re-direct & the two virtual hosts. I am sorry but I am new to all of
this configuation information and I could use some help.

Thanks so much
Patricia

-- Strictly Sport Accounts & Web Manager