[ic] Using Mozilla 5.0 - strange things happening with my from

Alma Nuker interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 22 19:39:00 2002

Thanks a lot for your help.

> What is this evaluationdb table?
It is normal mysql table (and yes all fields are valid, and they are
working fine with Netscape and IE). I use it to store our evaluation
license info.

> Are those valid records you
> are inserting?
They are valid records

> Looks to me like you are inserting a new record per
> field.  That might be ok for an update but it doesn't sound right
> for insert.
This is only happening with Mozilla that  is inserting new record per
field.
What it should basically do is:
When I fill out my form (serial number (auto number primary key) should
be created and new record containing company, email, address, country
etc. should be created). On next page I have bit of perl script and
custom made user tag that goes off issue license, sends email to
customer and then should insert additional info in db (like license key,
issue date, etc).
I am inserting those fields using perl script as follow:

[perl]

$idate = $Tag->convert_date(
                            {
                              raw => 1,
                              format => "%Y%m%d"
                            }
);
$edate = $Tag->convert_date(
                            {
                              days => 30,
                              format => "%Y%m%d"
                            }
);

$junk = $Tag->data(
                   {
                       table => evaluationdb,
                       field => issue_date,
                       key => $CGI->{serial_number},
                       value => $idate,
                   }
                   );

$junk = $Tag->data(
                   {
                       table => evaluationdb,
                       field => expiry_date,
                       key => $CGI->{serial_number},
                       value => $edate,
                   }
                   );

return;
[/perl]
> What does a valid insert look like?  What data do you have in session
> and does that affect this insert?

Valid record looks like this:

serial number  username    company
email                                etcccc.................
1                     alma         YourAmigo    alma@youramigo.com

It seems that following is happening when I use Mozilla:
First of all I do not have to login to access those pages (they are for
internal use only).
If I go directtly to this page and fill out my form then all records are
misplaced and half fields are not inserted at all.
If I go through other pages and then get to this one and add new record
this works fine.

It seems to me that cookies are not set properly or something.
I had simple test to check for cookies setup when I get to this page
directly and it showed me that cookies are not there, but if I reload
pages shows me that cookies are there.

I tried using set-cookie thinf to set MV_SESSION_ID but that did not
solve my problem.

So I do not have any ideas what else it could be???

> Have you run weblint on the pages and are they clean HTML?  And
> time to upgrade that mozilla; you are running "unstable"  :-)

I will try upgrading Mozilla and see how I go.

Thanks Alma