[ic] 4.8.5 RH7.3 Upgrade

Steve Graham interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 22 23:16:01 2002

<snip>

>OK, I have upgraded to RH 7.3, and applied all the CPAN modlues in the perl
>ftp directory for IC 4.8.5.
>
>Foundation based.
>
>Here is my catalog config:
>Interchange version      4.8.5
>Interchange PID      1993
>Interchange SUID User      interch (uid 52)
>Last time server restarted      Wed May 22 16:33:28 2002
>Last time changes applied      Wed May 22 16:21:56 2002 (apply now)
>Environment variables passed      MOD_PERL
>

>Perl Information
>Perl Version      Perl 5.6.1 (called with: /usr/bin/perl)
>Optional Module Information      Digest::MD5 found (v2.20).
>LWP::Simple found (v1.35).
>MIME::Base64 found (v2.12).
>SQL::Statement found (v0.1021).
>Safe::Hole found (v0.08).
>Storable found (v2.00).
>Tie::Watch found (v1.0).
>URI::URL found (v5.03).
>Safe operations untrapped      ftfile sort rand
>

>Database Information
>Database Interfaces      GDBM available (v1.05)
>No Berkeley DB_File.
>DBI enabled (v1.21), available drivers:
>
>ExampleP
>Multiplex
>Proxy
>mysql
>

>The catalog works fine, you can browse, add items to the cart, and click on
>display cart. Once you click on view cart the screen now has a button named
>check-out. If you click this check-out button from the view cart screen we
>get a hammered pid, and it has to wait about 300 seconds to time out.
>
>If you have a session and have not added any items to the cart, you can
>click on view cart, then click on checkout, and the checkout page displays
>fine (with empty cart).
>
>There is not any messages, in the error.logs, of value except the hammered
>pid.
>
>error logs I have looked at:
>/var/log/interchange/error_log
>/var/log/httpd/error.log
>catroot/error_log
>
>I did not upgrade any of the catalog pages (still using a previous version
>of the foundation pages) with a little customization in the flypage. I have
>not made any changes to checkout.html
>
>This one has me baffeled - I have not poured over the checkout.html page
>yet, to find which line is locking the system up. It will take much time
>since you have to wait 5 minutes between each test.
>
>-Steve

found what is causing timeoutin checkout.html:

<SELECT NAME=mv_shipmode>
	      [shipping
	        label=1
        	mode=|[data table=country key='[default country US]'
col=shipmodes]|
              ]
	      </SELECT>

Here is the data in the US row of Country table:
  US 0  US 1DA 2DA GNDCOM United States USA 840

everyhting else in checkout.html is working fine. Even gets the UPS rates
fine.

This code looks like it is getting International shipping information. Any
suggestions here?

Thanks,
Steve