[ic] Preventing duplicate real-time changes using PayFlo Pro

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 23 06:57:01 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 22:39, Kevin Walsh wrote:

> > Does anyone have experience preventing duplicate real-time changes using
> > PayFlo Pro? Verisgn can enable duplicate charge prevention. Then you can
> > pass a DSGUID parameter which should be set to something unique for the
> > current transaction. It would seem reasonable to set DSGUIG to "<part
> > card number>[subtotal noformat=1]<hour of day><date>".
> >
> Wouldn't the order number be unique enough for this purpose?
> Can't Verisign be told to use the existing ORIGID parameter?
Yes. I did not know what ORIGID was.

> > Do I have to hack Payment/Signio.pm to add this parameter to my
> > PayFlo Pro query string?
> >
> You'd have to hack the payment module, yes.  I should think that
> you'd just have to add the new key/value to the %query hash.
>
> Would Verisign fall in a heap if the DSGUID key was set in the
> standard module, regardless of whether or not the option was set?
> If the value could be set as standard then this change could be
> made in CVS.
>
> Could you run a few tests and report back on this?
I can't test this because I already had VeriSign enable duplicate
suppression on the accounts I have. I did find that the duplicate
transaction was not suppressed and was actually transacted. The
difference is the response string now contains a DUPLICATE key that will
be set to 0 for non duplicate transactions and 1 for duplicate
transactions.

I think it would be a good idea to do something like
	Signio.pm:
	if ($decline) {
	} else {
		mail to __ORDERS_TO__ "Possible dupliacte charge. check out
$result{pop.order-id}" if $result{DUPLICATE}
		$result{ICSTATUS} = 'success';
    	}