[ic] log create=1 overwrites!! what is that about?

Thu May 23 15:09:00 2002

At 12:01 PM 05/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I have implemented Russ Manns "refer to a friend". Very cool, and works
>great!
>
>I have a problem, it is not big, and not a priority but if someone has an
>answer, it would be much appreciated, for I have spent a couple hours on it
>already.
>

>I have read the archive and docs. It seems around 4.0 there was some
>glitches with the [tag op=log] VS [log] situation. From what I read, the
>[log] tag takes a create argument, but when I use it, it chooses to
>overwrite my log entirely, every time.
>

>[log file=products/email_friends.txt type=txt interpolate=1 create=1][tag
>time]%A, %d. %B, %Y  %H:%M:%S[/tag]     [value email]   [value friend1_email]
>[value item_code][/log]
>
>When I take create=1 out, everything is fine. My error log shows nothing.
>Anybody know what the deal is?

Probably 'create' should be renamed 'overwrite', because that is how it
behaves. If you want to start a new logfile, set create=1. If you want to
append an existing file, or start a new one in append mode, set create=0 or
leave that parameter out entirely.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store... FREE!
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax