[ic] log create=1 overwrites!! what is that about?

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 23 15:12:01 2002

Paul Jordan <paul@gishnetwork.com> writes:

> I have implemented Russ Manns "refer to a friend". Very cool, and works
> great!
>
> I have a problem, it is not big, and not a priority but if someone has an
> answer, it would be much appreciated, for I have spent a couple hours on it
> already.
>

> I have read the archive and docs. It seems around 4.0 there was some
> glitches with the [tag op=log] VS [log] situation. From what I read, the
> [log] tag takes a create argument, but when I use it, it chooses to
> overwrite my log entirely, every time.
>

> [log file=products/email_friends.txt type=txt interpolate=1 create=1][tag
> time]%A, %d. %B, %Y  %H:%M:%S[/tag]	[value email]	[value friend1_email]
> [value item_code][/log]
>
> When I take create=1 out, everything is fine. My error log shows nothing.
> Anybody know what the deal is?

Create means that the file is created before writing. What should be
the desired behaviour ?

Ciao
        Racke

--
Free resources for Interchange programming NOW !!!
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need my professional help.