[ic] Contents of pulldowns for payment options and shipping options gone?

Fri May 24 14:44:00 2002

Quoting Dan Helfman (dan@trustcommerce.com):
> On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 11:03, Kellen Weissenbach wrote:
> > > Check your error log. Perhaps something is amiss with your catalog and it
> > > cannot write to the variable table.
> > >
> > > - Ed L.
> > >

> > Hello Ed,
> >
> > Here is the error I found that has killed the server on several occassions
> > as it appears in the error.log.  I can't make heads or tails of it, but I
> > suspect this is the problem.
> >
> > 208.38.79.225 jEjdEPrm:208.38.79.225 - [20/May/2002:08:44:18 -0400] edu
> > /cgisys/cgiwrap/totalchoice/edu.cgi/ui Safe: Can't call method "set_field"
> > on an undefined value at (eval 1012) line 40.
>
> I too had this problem. I fixed it by adding:
>
>   my $vdb = $Db{variable};
>
> to the file that is (on my system) located at:
>
>   /usr/lib/interchange/lib/UI/pages/admin/wizard/do_launch.html
>
> Doing this did make the error message go away. However, applying changes
> and launching in the admin wizard interface still does NOT make any
> changes to the variable table and so none of my settings affect the
> running interchange system. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm trying
> to extend the admin wizard interface to support the new TrustCommerce
> payment module.

Hmm. If the catalog came from a recent demo version you should
not see this. Try adding to the bottom of catalog.cfg:

	Pragma  dynamic_variables_file_only

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

Just because something is obviously happening doesn't mean something
obvious is happening. --Larry Wall