[ic] db comparisons

Mike Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon May 27 15:49:01 2002

> Can anyone tell me what the advantages/disadvantages are for a catalog
> to use the interchange internal databse instead of mysql or another sql
> db?
>
> We've been using mysql without any major issues coming up, just was
> curious if anyone knew the differences.
> Thanks,

There are others on the list who can, and hopefully will, give more specific
technical and performance reasons for using GDBM vs. relational db like
Postgres or MySQL. I have sites running great with GDBM and Postgres.
Because I have worked extensively with SQL, I personally find using Postgres
(or MySQL) easier and more flexible for customizing.

If you are already familiar with and using MySQL, I think it would be a good
path to take.

Mike Clark