[ic] Use not allowed error

Brent Mosley interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue May 28 00:12:01 2002

Kevin,
This is where me and the guys from the hosting company are having problems
trying to integrate this into IC.  Like I said.  I am an extreme novice and
I was trying to test the file using perl linkpt.pl from the command line.
Do you have any info on how to implement this into IC 4.8.3?  We have the
file loading as a global sub.  Everytime we place Require module
Vend::Payment::linkpt in interchange.cfg, It crashes interchange.  We are a
little confused. Will the module show up in the actual payment options under
the administration wizard? I would be insanely grateful if you can point us
in the right direction.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
Kevin Walsh
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 8:33 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: RE: [ic] Use not allowed error

> Here's the entire linkpt.pl code:
> ********************Start of linkpt.pl********************
> GlobalSub <<EOS
> use lib '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdpary/interchange/lib/LPERL';
> #use lib '~_~INSTALLPRIVLIB~_~';
> use lib '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdpary/interchange';
> #use lib '~_~INSTALLARCHLIB~_~';
> sub linkpt {
> use LPERL::lperl;
>
> (yada yada)
>
> EOS

If you run that code as "perl linkpt.pl" then you will get the
error you mentioned.  If you want to execute what you posted as
a Perl script then remove the first line (GlobalSub <<EOS) and
the last line (EOS).

I don't see the benefit of running that code as a standalone Perl
script anyway.  Just load it into Interchange as a GlobalSub and
configure it as a payment method.