[ic] re: fowarding email via network mailserver

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue May 28 18:35:01 2002

> we are running interchange 8.5 on rh7.2
> Does anyone know how to send reciepts and orders via email when the
> mail server in on another box?. Our network has sendmail running on
> a different server than interchange, and I have not been able to figure
> out how to forward the mail through that box. Cheers!...Steve~

You could do it one of two ways.

  1) If you have Sendmail installed on your Interchange server then you
     can configure it to forward all outgoing mail to a "smarthost",
     which would be the mail server you would like to use.

  2) Configure Interchange to use Net::SMTP by changing interchange.cfg
     as follows:

       Variable  MV_SMTPHOST  mail.yourdomain.com

       SendMailProgram  Net::SMTP

If you go for option 2 and you make use of the [email] tag, you'll
need a new version, which you can get from CVS and other places.
Contact me directly if you can't find it.

By the way, your Interchange version is likely to be 4.8.5, rather
than the version 8.5 you quoted.