[ic] Changing User Information

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 29 22:19:01 2002

>     I'll admit I haven't looked at the source yet, but with general
> knowledge
> how possible and/or difficult would it be to expand the user information
> table
> and that which is presented in the admin and other browser views ?
>
> Jon

You can expand any table, and read it into any view. I am new and even I
have done it (to an extent). It just depends on how much you want to learn
it. Foundation is just an example, alot of people confuse things and look at
foundation as the IC product itself, which it isn't. Said that, Alot of
people (including me) choose to just modify foundation itself, and morph it
into what we need. I think you would be hard up to find someone who is
developing on IC, and has untouched table structures.

I have brought in other fields that weren't included on an Admin view,
however I have never brought in another table in admin view. You can edit
the source pages for your needs (admin pages) or try to get it done using
the "meta data" methods.

Paul