[ic] Don't charge shipping for certain items

Thu May 30 22:14:01 2002

At 02:33 PM 5/30/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>4.8.2
>RedHat 7.2
>
>I have looked all over the mailing lists and archives, but I cannot decide
>what is the best way to handle shipping cost calculations on a per item basis.
>
>For example, I have one client that has a catalog that charges shipping
>based upon Total Price.  One of their "Items" is a Donation that people
>can make on the site.
>
>Is there any way to somehow flag the value of the Donation to not count
>when the system calculates shipping based on the total cost of all of the
>items in the cart?
>
>The closest thing that I have found so far is this message that was posted
>last year which gets me close and I could probably hack it from there.
>http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-March/005744.html
>
>I was just wondering if anyone else has already dealt with this issue...
>
>Any pointers are of course much appreciated.
>
>- Michael

If you not doing shipping charges based on weight, this is an easy hack.
Just enter the price of each item in the weight field, except for those
which should not impact shipping. Then model your shipping modes after the
weight-based mode of your preference. You didn't provide enough information
for me to be more specific than that.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax