[ic] GPG Encryption

John Breen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 31 01:18:01 2002

Running IC on Debian here, we kept getting similar messages trying to
use GPG/PGP.  The issue we had seems to be that the interchange process
is actually run by root and then suid to interchange, so the GPG keys
needed to be set up for root, BUT the interchange user needs to be able
to access the relevant folders and to be able to WRITE to them.

It seems a slightly less than optimal solution, but....

Cheers,

John Breen