[ic] GPG Encryption

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 31 03:11:01 2002

"Kevin Walsh" <kevin@cursor.biz> writes:

> > Running IC on Debian here, we kept getting similar messages trying to
> > use GPG/PGP.  The issue we had seems to be that the interchange process
> > is actually run by root and then suid to interchange, so the GPG keys
> > needed to be set up for root, BUT the interchange user needs to be able
> > to access the relevant folders and to be able to WRITE to them.
> >
> > It seems a slightly less than optimal solution, but....
> >
> I suggest that you not run Interchange as root.

Interchange doesn't run as root on Debian (if you use packages).
The init scripts run as root though, but the wrapper su's to the
selected interchange user.

I solved the GPG problem with putting

export GNUPGHOME=/home/passion/.gnupg

on top of /etc/init.d/interchange.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Free resources for Interchange programming NOW !!!
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need my professional help.