[ic] double entries in cart and similar items get overwritten

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 31 05:08:02 2002

Hi,

I hope I do not missed this when I search the archives but I
couldn't find anything about this issue.

An IC demo is on:
http://demo.ic.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic3

1. click Painting Supplies - Paintbrushes

2. select Trim Brush (you come to detail page)

3. give "Camel Hair" and "White", order 1 of it

4. click Painting Supplies - Paintbrushes again

5. select Trim Brush (you come to detail page) (again)

6. give "Camel Hair" and "White", order 2 of it (again)

Now the cart has to times the same entry (with a quantity of one
and two - so you have tree brushes ordered). This is ugly. At
least it should be a single position in cart.

But more follows :) in this state:

1. click Painting Supplies - Paintbrushes (#3)

2. order three "Trim Brush"s directly

3. click "Your Cart"

Now you suddenly have two positions with each a quantity of
three. You have six brushes in the basket. This is wrong, also.

Now you can order again. Let's take four syntetic black tim
brushes from detail page. Finally, order five tim brushes again
from the list. Now you have 15 brushes (three positions with each
5 brushed, two positions with camel and one with syntetic hair)
in the basket. This is absolutly wrong.

I do not understand the page ITL code that foundation uses for
ordering. It looks like that the "put into basket" is done by
some magic function but I didn't found much documentation.

How did you fixed that in your stores? Could you please share
your patches?

Thank you very much!

oki,

Steffen