[ic] Random GPG failures

Brian Kosick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 31 12:27:01 2002

Hello Everyone,

OK OK this is a repost with some updates,  I found the thread titled
"Intermittent PGP failures & Lost CC info".  The only solution that people
seem to have come up with is "cron job using interchange -r"  I also ran
through my log files again, and found the PGP error (I had been searching
for gpg rather than PGP previously) I too get PGP failed with error 3702
90% of the times that it fails.

I guess my question now is has anyone found truely what the problem is yet?

         I remember a few months back a thread dealing with random GPG
encryption failures, I spent a while today trying to find it, but couldn't,
so I was hoping that perhaps we could rehash this...

I have a RH7.1 with all the latest patches and updates....  Running on a
Dell PowerApp
Hardware
700MHZ celeron "Sigh..... I know, customer has been reluctant to upgrade"
512MB Ram
1GB swap
20GB WD HD's Ext3 mirrored (Raid1)  hdparm gives roughly 21MB/sec IO

Software
kernel 2.4.9-31
perl 5.6.1
IC 4.8.4
GNUPG 1.0.6.

The site gets roughly around 100 orders a day, the problem is approximately
3 out of 100 orders do not get encrypted, and instead display the CC as
5436**********.  With no errors in the logs that I can find...  the /tmp
dir has a few 0 length pgp.xxxxxx.out files.

If I could get some more info regarding this problem, and it's appropriate
solution I would be gratefull....

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.