[ic] Template pages

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 31 15:29:01 2002

> Alright.. I've had it with this template page business.. I've spent 2 days
> trying to figure out where this goes..
>
> PageSelectField    template_page
>
> at least i think thats what I want to do.. what I need is several different
> flypages that are assignable to products in the database so some of the images
> will change depending on what product the customer is looking at..
>
> For example when a customer views a grandfather clock the clock should show up
> on the fly page

The PageSelectField section of the Interchange configuration manual
would be a good place to start when working out what the directive
is supposed to do.

If you set the directive to the "template_page" value, quoted above
then you can carry on by following this:

  1) Create a new column, on the products table, called "template_page".

  2) Set the column values to the flypage you want to use for each
     product.  When users click on a product, the specified flypage will
     be called instead of the default "flypage".  If no value is present
     in that column for the selected SKU then the default will be used.

Quick examples:

  * SKU = grand1
  * template_page = grandfather
  * User calls /cgi-bin/cart.cgi/grand1.html
  * Interchange loads pages/grandfather.html, which displays which
    formats and displays the "grand1" product.

  * SKU = grand2
  * template_page = grandfather
  * User calls /cgi-bin/cart.cgi/grand2.html
  * Interchange loads pages/grandfather.html, which displays which
    formats and displays the "grand2" product.

  * SKU = clock4
  * template_page = (blank)
  * User calls /cgi-bin/cart.cgi/clock4.html
  * Interchange loads pages/flypage.html, which displays which formats
    and displays the "clock4" product.

> I'm not a programmer

No programming involved, but it's never too late to learn.