[ic] Multiple Box Shipping - Internal Lookup SOLUTION

Nora Heuer - Baytides Management Inc. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 1 09:02:00 2002

On 31 Oct 2002 at 21:09, Steve wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I am switching from WWW UPS lookups to internal database lookup, and
> > currently have a routine that splits the weight into 40 lb packages when
>

> Here are the tags for doing an internal database lookup, using the UPS
> Tables. I put these in catalog.cfg.
> If a zip is supplied that is not in these tables, then we fall back and do a
> www ups_query just to be sure. I have found that the zip codes that will not
> be in the local tables, will be the Hawaii, and Alaska.
>
> Tested...seems to be working ok, and improvements please let me know.
> -Steve

Steve,
the zips for Alaska and Hawaii are there, at the bottom of the table,
you just need to modify the table by hand and include them one by
one.

Same with any other zip that is missing.

A lot of extra work, but it worked.

Nora