[ic] tracking of data storage in chekout.html

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 1 10:55:01 2002

Krishna [kpendoti@etisbew.com] wrote:

> Can anybody please tell how catalogs/catalogname/ord/chekout.html page
> is storing data in different tables and accessing different files in
> catalogs/catalogname/etc directory? It is mystery to me. I need to
> restrict some tables and files not be accessed after "Place order" in
> checkout.html.

Check your 'order routes'.  You should find some Route directives in
your catalog.cfg.  These routes are used, by the Foundation demo, to
perform tasks when an order is placed, such as to write data to your
transactions and orderline tables and to send email etc.

You may have to explain what you mean by "restrict some tables."  The
Interchange user will need to be able to write to the appropriate
tables, so you can't simply switch that ability off using MySQL
permissions etc.  Also, Interchange will need to be able to read from
the order tables when either an administrator requests access or
the customer asks to view their order history.

Perhaps you need the WRITE_CONTROL and WRITE_TAGGED flags as part of
your 'Database' settings for the appropriate tables.