[ic] Fixed price shipping?

Robert Wall interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 1 11:44:00 2002

I have a question for you guys...

I've got a customer that sells electronic items (different prices,
different sizes), and currently does fixed-price shipping on a per-item
basis.  We're looking at moving him to Interchange, and here's the problem
we're having:

A customer orders a TV ($150 product, $15 fixed shipping)
and a satellite receiver ($300 product, $8 fixed shipping)

There doesn't seem to be a way in Interchange to accomodate the fixed
shipping per item option.  The market that he's in is competitive enough
that we can't just do a $15 add-on to the $150 price ($165 in total), so
we need to find a way to dynamically calculate the shipping from some
other field.

I played around with using the weight field to do this, but then there's
the problem of the "Display Cart" option showing the shipping weight
incorrectly (since we're using it for something else).

Does anybody have any ideas as to how to work around this, or how to
implement a good fixed price per item shipping method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

-----
Robert Wall						(715) 855-0189
Systems Administrator                                   bob@web-walrus.com
Web Walrus Media

            "Affordable internet solutions for your business"