[ic] Questions about the admin interface. (Adding fields and functionality)

Nathan Pitts interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 1 16:41:01 2002

Hello again.
I am using Interchange 4.8.6 at my place of business. I have a few
problems/suggestions regarding the adminstrative interface.
When I finish completing the "Wizard" to set up my initial
configuration, a couple of the options I selected don't appear to do
anything, or only partially do what I expect them to.
When I select my methods of shipping in the wizard, it appears that
Interchange just defaults back to the original values.
The City,FAX, and PHONE codes of the Company table is not updated by the
wizard, but the wizard values are placed in the About Us page.
The Tax information from the Wizard appears to do nothing.
The Handling Charge value (Shipping Preferences) doesn't appear to
actually get added to my shipped orders by default.
The methods of payment I select are ignored (e.g. Credit Card, Check,
money order)
The Signio/Verisign account ID,password,payment server, and Verisign
partner fields all appear to be ignored, and need to be manually configured.
The Site User Name, Site Password, and First Name fields in Security
preferences appear to be useless.

I am now trying to figure out how to either fix these features, or to
remove them from my interface. Unfortunately, I cannot find any
documentation on coding the admin UI. If anyone could point me at a
couple of fixes, or at some documentation, I am sure I can learn by
example and accomplish what I seek.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan Pitts
Cybernet Systems Corporation