[ic] Option Descriptions: Please Help

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 2 16:58:01 2002

> So, to make a long story short if someone knows how to have a short
> description and then a long follow up description for options then please
> let me know.

> If there is no easy way to do it in admin could someone point me to where
> I could program this myself?

    Your best bet is to not use the internal option select box builder and
to instead use your own.  I just did this for a client who wanted a quantity
input field for each option instead of the default select box.  Assuming you
have shell access, look at pages/flypage.html in your catalog directory.
Instead of using:

=====
[table-organize cols=2 table='border=0' font="size=1" pretty=1]
    [item-options td=1 label=1 bold=1]
[/table-organize]
=====

    ... you can roll your own, for the client I did:

=====
  [if-item-data options o_matrix]
    [comment]item with options[/comment]
    [loop
     search="
     st=db
     co=1
     fi=options
     sf=sku
     se=[item-code]
     nu=0
     sf=o_matrix
     se=1
     op=eq
     tf=o_sort
     to=n
     rf=code,price,description
     "
    ]
    [list]
      [loop-param description]
      <input type=hidden name="mv_order_item" value="[loop-param code]">
      <input type="text" name="mv_order_quantity" size="2" maxlength="2"
style="width: 25px; height: 18px" class="inputFieldText" value="0">
      Quantity<br>
    [/list]
    [/loop]
  [else]
    [comment]item with no options[/comment]
    <input type=hidden NAME="mv_order_item"  VALUE="[item-code]">
    <input type="text" name="mv_order_quantity" size="2" maxlength="2"
style="width: 25px; height: 18px" class="inputFieldText" value="0">
    Quantity<br>
  [/else]
  [/if-item-data]
=====

    You could easily modify the code above to use radio buttons, which with
the proper HTML layout, would allow for a lengthy description field.

Jeff