[ic] question on mod_interchange socket closing (different from previous question)

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Nov 2 17:26:01 2002

> Thanks for reporting your findings.  I'll be interested to hear any
> other comments you have.

    Ok, here is what drove me to look in there in the first place.  What if
mod_interchange buffered the data coming back from IC, closed the IC socket,
and then fed the buffered data to the apache client?  That means that IC
processes would not be held open for slower clients thus potentially gaining
a tremendous performance increase in terms of the amount of clients IC could
service on a single machine in a given time frame.  The only negative thing
I could think of would be that the mod_ic would potentially use a little
more memory.
    This would give mod_interchange another major benefit over a *link or
modperl installation and would add another substantial reason as to why IC's
daemon-based design is ideal.
    What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your time,
Jeff