[ic] exact matching

paul jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Nov 3 13:03:00 2002

> I've got a search like this:
>
> [loop search="tf=notes/sf=category/se='[scratch category]'/op=eq/nu=0"]
>
> It searches my products db category field.  It works great except for the
> category "Miscellaneous".  When [scratch category] equals Miscellaneous it
> also returns all the items with the category of "Miscellaneous
> Posters".  I
> have tried various searched which incorporate "em" but they all either
> return the same results as above, or cause all my results for all
> categories
> to be blank.  Anyone know how to make this work?
>
> - Grant

Hi Grant

I seem to remember a few questions like this go through the list. I tried to
do a little searching for you, but came up empty :(

I seem to remember there was not much way around this, of course I can be
and am frequently wrong :)

Anyways if it is absolutely necessary, you could probably rename all your
categories inserting a '_' for spaces, so:

Miscellaneous Posters  ->  Miscellaneous_Posters

Then whenever you need to display the actual category, as a page design
element, run it through some perl and replace underscores with spaces. I
believe if you are not searching substrings, it will not find the unwanted
categories.

It is a bad bad horrible ugly clunky fix, but that's the way I like em ;)

Paul