[ic] retrieving orders via UI or file with encrypted credit card information; authorize.net question

Mon Nov 4 11:08:00 2002

Quoting NOW Website Coordinator (webperson@now.org):
> I asked this buried in another message, but I thought I'd try again:
>
> Is there a way to retrieve orders with credit card information via the
> UI?  Ie, get it PGP encrypted in the database, and then use the decrypt
> clipboard command?  Or is the only way to get the order by email because of
> the encryption?
>
> Similarly, is anyone getting orders sent by flat-file with the credit card
> encrypted? Ie, sent in some batch mode once a day or after so many
> orders?  This only would work if the credit card information could be
> retrieved.

Interchange doesn't do either, by design. They are horribly insecure.

> Finally, is anyone using authorize.net but not submitting/finalizing  the
> amount until the order is fulfilled?

I just put an interface in 4.9.x which does exactly that, and Authorize.NET
was the testing platform (though any properly-done IC payment module would
work as well).

A lot of people including myself have done that in the past in various
ways, but I think that is probably the best model out there.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon