[ic] Categories

saso interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Nov 4 14:21:02 2002

Hi,

I have created some Sections in Design menu (don't actually know what TOP
and LEFT mean - I think left means the category list on main page on left
side)...

And some categories and I've put those categories in sections... I defined
simple search for product and so on...

But now how do I make those sections and categories to display in New item
or Item editor?

If I want to create new item it still shows only categories which were valid
in Interchange demo store (Shovels,Hammers, etc..).

So again what I did:
- went to Design menu
- Create section with details: name, page class=all, page area=left, Lint
type: simple search, Field=column pairs: prod_group="the same as name of
section"..
- Created another section with the same name and same details except PAGE
AREA=top...
- Created Category with: name, Link type: simple search, Field:
category="name of category"
- put that category in section..
- apply changes...

Is there anything else I need to do to have those groups (sections) and
categories available in Items (new item or editor)??

Or is there another way to categorize the products?

Thanks for help!
Regards,
Saso